Whether you call it bad breath or halitosis, it’s an unpleasant condition. There are many reasons for halitosis such as cavity, lack of hygiene in mouth, starving or any systemic disease which can be one of them.
In our clinic the patients with the complaint of halitosis are checked carefully to diagnose the reasons of bad breath and if it’s due to an oral condition, the best treatment is applied to eliminate it.
Also you must take into consideration the list below:
-What you eat affects the air you exhale such as garlic and onions.
- If you don't brush your teeth regularly, particles of food remaining in the mouth can cause bad breath. So brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste to remove food debris and plaque.
- Bad breath can also be caused by dry mouth (xerostomia), which occurs when the flow of saliva decreases.
- Tobacco products cause bad breath.
- Bad breath may be the sign of a medical disorder, such as a local infection in the respiratory tract, chronic sinusitis, postnasal drip, chronic bronchitis, diabetes, gastrointestinal disturbance, liver or kidney ailment.
- Never forget that regular dental visits are important for the good oral health and to eliminate bad breath.